- 3 - 4 September, 2018: Attended and presented at Familial Aspects of Cancer: Research and Practice in Kingscliff, NSW.
- December 2017 - February 2018: James Chan undertakes student project investigating copy number variation in Familial Colorectal Cancer Type X.
- 7 January, 2018: Dr Harindra Jayasekara awarded Victorian Cancer Agency Early Career Seed Grant for his project Can genomic profiling help predict who will get a second bowel tumour?
- 28 November, 2017: Invited speaker at the Eastern Gynaecological and Obstetrical Society, Annual Partners Dinner, in Melbourne.
- 13 - 14 September, 2017: Attended and presented at the Colon Cancer Family Registry Annual In-person Steering Committee Meeting, in Hawaii, USA.
- 30 August - 1 September, 2017: Attended and presented at the Familial Aspects of Cancer Research and Practice Meeting, in Kingscliff, NSW."
- 3 - 4 August, 2017: Attended the Australian Genomics Health Alliance National Conference, in Brisbane.
- 5 - 8 July, 2017: Attended and presented at the 2017 InSIGHT biennial meeting in Florence, Italy.
- 21 April, 2017: Professor Mark Jenkins, Dr Daniel Buchanan, Dr Aung Ko and Professor John Hopper win the University of Melbourne Award for Excellence in Team-Based Research Programs.